Incident Safety Officer
2 Day Academy
This course is an in-depth, fast-paced class that focuses on the knowledge and experience elements required of an effective Incident Safety Officer. It gives participants the opportunity for situational exercises and scenario practice. The ISO Academy is an excellent tool to help participants prepare for the Incident Safety Officer Certification Exam. The course is ideal for any fire officer newly appointed as a Safety Officer or likely to fill the Incident Safety Officer role.
Recommended Text - Fire Department Incident Safety Officer, 3rd Edition. David W. Dodson
(Available for $120 when you register for an Academy)
- Up-to-date information on Incident Safety Officers' issues and trends.
- Designed to meet the requirements of NFPA 1521 (2015 std), as it relates to Incident Safety Officer.
- Provides KSA’s for Reading Buildings, Smoke, Risk, Hazardous Energy, and Firefighters.
- Covers preventing Firefighter injuries through effective “Prehab” and "Rehab".
- The challenges of interacting with the IC on scene.
- The ISO Action Model.
- Video clip review from various types of incidents.
- Group activities and scenario practice